Wednesday 27 April 2011

pre-wedding bbq

Less than a week until we head back to Lincolnshire for my dress fitting, Mr N's suit fitting and the pre-wedding bbq. I am not sure where the idea for the pre-wedding bbq originated from but I think it would be a safe guess to assume that my mum and sister were either solely or jointly responsible.

The idea of the pre-wedding event is that all of the bridesmaids, ushers and close family (parents and siblings) will all get together before the wedding so that they are more familiar with one another at the hen and stag do's and the wedding. I am torn between thinking that it is a fantastic idea or just something that adds to the 1000 other jobs that need doing before the W day. Despite my reservations on the extra work it seems to be creating for mum (painting garage doors, gardening and scrubbling the house top to bottom) I am really looking forward to it, a long weekend at home with the parents, a catch up with the sibling and enough food and drink to feed a small army, what is not to look forward to?

Never wanting to show up empty handed, even at the parents and being one that enjoys getting in the kitchen I have started to think about what dessert I could make. What is a good bbq dessert? After a quick look at a few food websites, my favourites being Channel 4 Food and BBC Good Food I found a great selection. So, if you like me are stuck for food inspiration this weekend it is definitely worth having a look. Not sure about this weekend (as I wouldn't want to share!) but the sparkling summer fruit jellies definitely get my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment