Thursday 21 April 2011

4 weeks until we get the keys

4 weeks until we get the keys, 8 weeks until our holiday and 12 weeks until the wedding.

Since having the offer accepted on the house in mid Feb my mind has been in overdrive thinking of everything that needed doing before we could move. As I write lists for everything (something I blame my mum for) it was only natural that the first thing I did was grab the nearest pen and paper. Within a day I had compiled a number of lists including one of all the paperwork that needed completed, one of all the furniture that we would want to get rid of and then the fun list - what we needed to buy. I do have a habit of getting excited or as my parents would say "carried away" about most events in my life and buying a house was no exception. Mr N could not walk through the door before being hit with a multitude of questions. "What do you think of teal? Please can I have a whole wall painted in chalk board paint in the kitchen office? How about this bedding set?"

Two and a half months later what used to be an office is now a storage room packed up with boxes, our bedroom is little more than a matress and the corner of the living room is filled with boxes of Myakka furniture and we have decided on the colour schemes. Yes, my getting excited or "carried away" has left us a bit upside down and yet we somehow still have most of the house to pack up.

So, in the next 4 weeks amongst the pre-wedding bbq, hen and stag do's and that little thing called work there is 1 house to pack up and 1 house to semi-decorate and unpack, let the fun commence!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pending wedding! You have a long life of joy and memory making ahead of you! Mine is behind me, of sorts! Please drop by my true story novel blog to read about my journey to Montana, my life on the prairie. Best wishes to you always.

    newprairiewoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the congratulations but afraid it is unfounded, it is my sisters wedding (explained in preface blog)! I will check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete